The lab experiment aims to interconnect the ARM XMC universe with LEGO NXT to address "more science less programming". Exploring the possibilities of developing the NXT engine control interfaces to the XMC4700 Relax kit and the application development capabilities using DAVE / Arduino components. At the end of the lab, information will be available on the design and implementation of educational applications with Lego Mindstorm NXT and Infineon for makers .
Hardware: XMC XMC 4700 Relax Kit, NXT Moto Extension, BT Module, 9V Power Supply, TLE 5260 Extension, BT Extension, W Battery;
Software: Arduino Development Environment / J-Link / DAVE4.3.2;
Senine the scheme of the Infineon Relax Kit platform
Analyze the pins distribution according to the Arduino notation for the Relax kit
Consider the Lego NXT engine control scheme shown below:
Identify the location of the components on the developed system:
Using the reference documentation for the ARM XMC 4700 processor, review the chapter dedicated to the PWM interface and assign the pins to the extension connectors. The functional structure of the TLE 5206 driver is analyzed :
In DAVE, a prototype project is being developed, using DEBUG to transfer the code to the development platform and to track it. Orders will be sent with a terminal application on mobile phones. It solves the proposed problems.
1. Make a program that allows activation of the engines via buttons 1 and 2 on the Relax Ki system;
2. Develop an application that will control the speed of the motor 1 depending on the position of a potentiometer connected to the An0 input;
3. Make a program that will allow the control of motors through a PC terminal;
4. Create a program that will allow engines to operate based on the information provided by an ADXL345 acceleration sensor;
5. Create a program that will allow the motors to operate based on the information provided by a SR04 remote sensor;